Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Out and about: Arhaus and Z Gallerie

A couple of weeks ago, we took a short trip to Tysons Corner for a bite of dinner.  Mr. 12 devonshire, the good design-blogger-husband that he is, was kind enough to keep the girls busy while I popped my head into Arhaus and Z Gallerie.  Other than hearing about it from a friend recently, Arhaus was completely new to me.  Where have I been?  I really enjoyed wandering through the store - so many pieces that are right up my alley. 

Does anyone have experience with Arhaus furniture or customer service?  I'm curious!

These fun cowhide mid-century style chairs caught my eye.
 
Upholstered headboards with nailhead trim and tufting... tres chic.

Such a great statement chair for a foyer or forgotten corner of a room.  This reminds me of a similar one that I used to admire in the Conran Shop.

This is pretty close to an ideal table for us - pedestal (which avoids table leg interference with chair placement), dark/rustic (kid/crayon/marker-friendly) and extension (flexible for entertaining).   I also love those pulls on the extension ends - they lend a library look.


I do think this weathered wood "belgian" look is a bit trendy - and not likely to last forever - but, I appreciate it in moderation.  Looks great here paired with slipcovered chairs and glammed-up industrial chandeliers.

Close up of the chandelier.  Reasonable at $229.

Another trend... the starburst mirror... is not usually my thing.  But, I do like this wood version.

Z Gallerie snapshots will have to wait until tomorrow.  Computer is SO slow today!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.