Thursday, August 4, 2011

Out and about: A taste of Birmingham design

I recently had the pleasure of exploring the lovely downtown Homewood, Alabama - neighbor to Birmingham - and home to many wonderful design shops. 

I was totally smitten by the offerings at Mary Evelyn, the retail shop of Birmingham designer, Mary Evelyn McKee



Stunning screen, rustic bench, miniature iron tables... love them all.


Lots of gorgeous John Robshaw textiles.

Stylish votives on a faux bamboo table.

More pretty votives on tailored houndstooth trays.

Striking white ceramics.


Unique and colorful suzani cannisters.


Simple and elegant painted dressers

Pillow...

pillows, pillows!

The design studio in the back of the shop was a fabric junkie's dream... I think I would sit and admire my fabric samples all day if I had these shelves full.



Not too long ago, Elements of Style did a great post about Mary Evelyn... so many wonderful rooms.  Here are a few from Southern Accents.

photo by Tria Giovan
photo by Erica George Dines

photo by Michael Mundy

photo by Michael Mundy

photo by Michael Mundy
Wow - that library... that kitchen... I could move right in.  Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.