Monday, August 15, 2011

An inspiring neutral space

Kay Douglas via House Beautiful.  Photo by Simon Upton.
 I've had this photo in my inspiration files for a long time, but have probably passed right over it a few dozen times.  Looking through images online, I find that neutral rooms don't often grab my attention.  As simple as the color palette is in this room by Kay Douglas, there is nothing "boring beige" about it.  From the painted horizontal paneling, to the sumptuous drapes, to the fabulous rustic pieces - the chandelier, round mirror, dramatic lamps, incredible amoire - this room has a distinct wow-factor.  The armoire is really the star of the show with its unique shape, impressive scale and wonderful patina.  I like the subtle hint of orange - just enough color, but it blends beautifuly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of Fabric #4. I think it would look great with the funky family room. It's a bit hard to tell if the colour is right for the bathroom from the photos but I'm sure you can tell that in person.

    Good luck - I love a skirted sink!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.