Thursday, September 29, 2011

Finding the right spot

I am working on finding just the right spot to display a beautiful seascape painted by my talented grandma and am thinking of leaning it against the mirror over our mantle (I need to do some styling before giving a preview).

I found several examples of layered art with mirrors on mantles on Lonny - but, most are done with a vertical mirror over the fireplace.  I'll have to see how it looks with a horizontal mirror... I think our mirror is a bit too small to go vertical, but maybe I'll try that too.


via Lonny

via Lonny

via Lonny

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea. I like how layering pieces like this gives smaller art more visual weight. It's really special that it's a family piece!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.