Thursday, September 15, 2011

Outdoor Lighting Options

I'm narrowing down lighting options for our exterior renovation project.  We need a post light, to replace the existing globe, and lighting for the front door (overhead or side sconces to replace the overhead globe).

These are a few of the combinations I'm pondering:

Combo 1:  Single overhead plus post light in antique bronze. 
Available here.

Available here.

Combo #2:  Two sconces plus post light in bronze (or bronze and black).   
Available here.  Since this one appears so dark, I wonder if I could get away with black on the post light?
Available here.
or
Available here.

Combo #3:  Two black sconces plus post light:
  
Available here.
 
Available here.

What do you think?  I think my favorite sconce is the one in Combo #2, but there's no perfect post option for that one.   

Although there are many sconces that appeal, I am a little limited by the post light, because I think they need to tie together, even if they're not a perfect match.  So, here are some of the sconces that I liked - but will probably not be using:


Available here.


This one is a beauty, but too pricey, even if there were a matching post.


Another lovely, but too expensive option.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.