Friday, September 9, 2011

Before it goes bye bye...

This is the inside view of our front door...


It is very hard to find a good spot from which to take a photo, but I did my best from the stairs, which are opposite the door.  There's also not much light in the foyer - we have a small flushmount ceiling light (to be replaced one day... maybe soon?) and the windows in the door.

When we moved in, there was a honeycomb shade covering the window.  To add some color and pattern, I found this great print - which I believe is no longer available in blue - to make the shade.  It's worked for us - providing privacy while allowing in some light.  But, it has become quite the source of entertainment for my 2 year old, who loves to tug on it, and pull the bottom rod out.  Alas, it's time to move on.  I am really looking forward to having a door without a window treatment (and a chain lock)! 

Now, what color for the inside of the new door?  White just gets so beat up and dirty.  I'm toying with doing black on both sides.  I love glossy black interior doors (like the one in the dining room I posted last Friday) - and think it would be a simple way to add a graphic punch to our otherwise understated foyer.  Or perhaps navy blue?  Hmm... maybe I need to test them out on our current door as well.

Have a great weekend. 

And, happy birthday, Mom!!!  XOXO

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.