Thursday, September 1, 2011

Not so mellow yellow?

I have been pretty committed to painting our new front door a glossy black.  I have also been committed to replacing our storm door with a new black-framed storm door.  But, as we move forward, we learn new things.  With a south-facing front door... the dark door/storm door combo is apparently NOT a good idea.  I have been told that heat gets trapped between the doors and can make the door very hot to the touch, not to mention damaging the door and the storm door's frame. 

We might still be able to do a black door - without a storm door - but, I need to do a little more research.  Does anyone have any experience or tips for a south-facing door? 

If it turns out that light is the only way to go... I have been drawn to bold yellow.

Amanda Nisbet

I've seen some lovely yellow front doors - and I think the color works well with the red brick/black/white scheme. 

Young House Love

More inspiration here, here and here

Too crazy?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.