Thursday, July 21, 2011

Update on the cloche

I stopped in Crate & Barrel the other day to see if I could find a little wooden plate on which to place the glass cloche.  I found this very pretty little acacia plate...

available here
but, I didn't think the shape would be ideal under the cloche... so, I kept looking.  In the end, I brought home this little $2.95 appetizer plate in navy blue.

available here
Lucky for me, it was the perfect size!  (I had not measured the cloche).  So, last night, I played around with a few little displays.  I'm going to keep my eye out for a small flat wooden plate, but for now, this is working just fine.

This is the little wooden puzzle that I picked up in the check-out aisle at Home Goods. I think it makes such a great countertop accessory.

I found this shell while snorkeling during our honeymoon.  It looks so much more regal sitting under the cloche than simply placed atop a pile of books.

These are three of the cutest elephants from my childhood collection that turned up recently.

I think I like this one best.

Something of a larger scale works too.
I think this gives me enough options to satisfy my frequent need for change - I just need to figure out where to put it.

On a separate note, I attended an Apartment Therapy event at the new CB2 store in Georgetown last night, and had so much fun meeting other local bloggers and checking out the store in person.  More on that tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I like the wooden elephant and the shell the best! Fun to have an item with a special memory displayed in such a way!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.