Friday, July 15, 2011

Another recent acquisition: need your input

A few weeks ago, I caught up for dinner with one of my close friends (and fellow design blog junkie).  Afterward, we wandered into Urban Outfitters and made a beeline for the decor section, where I found this great glass cloche (dome) on the clearance rack:


I bought it, thinking my mind would immediately be flooded with ideas for how to use it creatively in my home.  My theory was that putting a glass cloche over any mundane object could elevate it to an artistic level.  But, I'm not about to stick a tube of toothpaste under it and call it decor. 


I stuck a pear under it, which looked kind of charming - but, wouldn't last very long.  And now, I've drawn a bit of a blank.

So, I'd love your input - any ideas on what I could display inside the cloche?  And, does it look ok sitting on a table - or does it need to rest on a plate of some kind?

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. a candle or small figurine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about putting it on a little wooden plate with a small plant and some moss? Sort of like a teeny terrarium?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can pay homage to Beauty and the Beast and put a rose under it.
    http://collider.com/beauty-and-the-beast-diamond-edition-blu-ray-review/53835/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - I had thought about the terrarium idea, but wasn't sure anything could live under it if there's no air exposure. I suppose I could prop it on a little pebble to let some air in. Maybe a faux plant (shhh... it will be my secret)? I also just found a box with my old elephant figurine collection... maybe I'll find something in there. I like the wood plate idea... need to find one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An arrangement of the smaller elephants : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can take your elephant collection and add some faux plant life to create a natural setting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://pinterest.com/pin/40760282/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.