Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Swatches: A living room spruce up

My sister and her boyfriend are looking to spruce up their living room and invited me over yesterday to
"consult" on a design plan... of course, I was excited to help out! 

Many things can inspire a design plan in a room.  Some people start with a rug or a piece of art.  I usually look to fabrics for inspiration, so, I searched for a few patterns that I thought could jump start a color scheme.  Their walls and furnishings are all pretty neutral, which means there is room for a little jolt of color. 



Khandar Jewel

Pop Garden Daisey by Heather Bailey

Richloom Cornwall Garden

Richloom Oslo Bluebird

Richloom Pia Cameleon

Waverly Garland Honeydew
IKEA Stockholm Blad curtains in green
Since they rent their home, they're not looking to make any major changes or purchases - but, I think with a little rearranging, painting, sewing, craigslisting/thrifting, and a pop of color - their space will be more functional, look refreshed and will reflect their style and personalities better.  I'm looking forward to working with my "clients" to come up with a plan - and will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Can't beat those Ikea curtains for bright, happy colour and affordability!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.