Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Master bath roman shade conundrum

I (thought I) finished the roman shade for our master bath last night.  I love the bird fabric (But, when I hung the shade, it just felt like something was missing...


While I was making it, I considered bringing the trim across the top edge as well...


but, that didn't look right to me.  I've tried mocking it up with Microsoft publisher below...


I'm still not sure I like that.  So, now I'm thinking a little valance (mocked up below)...


The valance would allow me to make a little hole at the top of the shade, affix a grommet (will have to learn how to do that!) and bring the pull cords through to the front, which will make it easier to open and close (the pull cords are currently behind the shade - which is a cleaner look, but less convenient).  The valance would hide the grommeted hole, and could actually hide the pull cords as well if they are short enough.

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. The valance sounds like a great idea! You could even make a shaped valance, sort of a curved v-shape. Here's a photo kind of what I'm thinking: http://sew_hip.livejournal.com/2348188.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Sheila - I like that. If I don't use it here, I will remember it for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the valance, completes the look. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote is for the tailored valance.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.