Monday, May 2, 2011

Our royal evening...

We had the honor of being invited to an incredible event on Friday - the 56th Annual Corcoran Ball.  It's unusual for us to get all dressed up and have a "grown-up" evening out.  We had a wonderful time catching up with old friends and meeting new people.  The setting itself - the Corcoran Gallery - was unbelievable.  The museum's collection spans the centuries and the event filled nearly the entire space, spilling from exhibit to exhibit.  Each room had it's own color scheme and decor to fit within its surroundings - it was inspiring to see all the creativity that went into planning this event.  I couldn't help taking pictures of the various tablescapes!  Sorry for the grainy iphone pics. 



Remember my post about P. Kaufman's Luca Fabric?  This room had a pink/chartreuse color scheme with Luca tablecloths.  I love it even more now that I've seen it in person. 




I adore hydrangeas... beautiful.








I'm hooked on paisley lately, and adored this setting with the lovely paisley tablecloth, Haviland's Illusion china in Endive, and the interesting flatware.



 Among the kookie modern art - like the "installation" above...

... was this dramatic setting with black pantone chairs, metallic table and bold floral centerpiece.


Finally, a peek at our table - situated among 17th century Dutch paintings...

The wood-handled flatware was my favorite element.

But, the trim on the tableskirt was pretty fabulous, too.

And, the dessert tasted as good as it looked!
  
Here I am in my gown by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.  I did my own makeup...



oh wait, no... that's Kate.  (I loved her dress, by the way... classic, stunning and fit for a princess!)

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.