Friday, April 29, 2011

British Kitsch

All the hype about the royal wedding has made me miss our time in London!  Following up on my promise to post a bit about the design shops that were in my neighborhood (Marylebone), today, I'm featuring British designer, Cath Kidston, whose charming and distinct aesthetic, inspired by traditional English country house style, makes her royalty in her own right - I'd call her the Queen of Kitsch (I guess I'm not alone).

Here are some of my favorite images and products from her website (no shops yet in the USA, but they do ship here):





These are actually little containers for buttons, threads and pins:









Too bad her iphone cases have terrible reviews - this one is so cute.


Last, but not least, the obligatory commemorative tea towel.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.