Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thrifting fun

In the midst of a torrential downpour the other day, we headed out on one of our weekend errand adventures with the girls to pick up a few missing pieces at the tile shop.  Somehow, in my MULTIPLE visits to said tile shop, I never noticed the "upscale resale" thrift shop in the same shopping center.  We went exploring and I brought home a few finds that I had to share.


I'm always on the lookout for lamps - and I loved the shape of this brass pair.  Bonus - they didn't need rewiring - and they were only $22.50.  Though they're not very different from my current living room lamps shown behind the sofa here - to me, they're a big improvement.  I need a smaller harp though, so I'll wait to share the photos of the lamps in situ.

This is my first set of napkin rings - aren't they cute?



And, then I came home to all these goodies in the mail! 

Now, I'm just about all set to make my headboard (with the nailheads, nailhead spacer, tack hammer and mallet shown above). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.