Monday, June 13, 2011

More chair reupholstery

A while back, I blogged about my dining room chairs - and how badly they need new cushions.  I bought the chairs a couple years ago on Craigslist for a steal, and immediately reupholstered them in Sunbrella indoor/outdoor fabric, thinking that would be kid-friendly.  Boy, was I wrong.  I'm embarrassed to show these photos... but, please bear in mind that we do not have an eat-in kitchen... so our "dining room" chairs, are really our "everything" chairs (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and art projects in between).  They take a serious beating! 

Evidence:
(horrifying, I know - and this isn't even the worst one!)
I knew that vinyl was my only option - and had planned to go bold.  I even ordered some vinyl fabric in orange a few weeks ago.  But, then I had second thoughts about how the orange vinyl wood look with the warm tones of the wood (after reading the comments to this post on one of my favorite blogs).  So, yesterday afternoon - while taking a quick look around the Calico Corners Outlet in Lancaster, PA - on our way home from a fun-filled weekend at Dutch Wonderland - I was excited to find a beautiful, soft ("like butta") off-white vinyl at a great price.  I was totally beat from our amusement park adventures, so I didn't get too far with this project - but had to at least re-cover one of the chairs.  Here are a few photos from last night's progress.




And here, you can see before & after:


This 1 cushion took about 45 minutes, so, I'll need to find another 3 hrs and 45 min soon (somehow)!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.