Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wisteria Wish-List

A Wisteria catalog came in the mail today, and I was reminded of what an amazing selection of furniture and accessories they have to offer.  Their website tells the cute story of the company's modest beginnings - a young couple seeking to find beautiful and unique items for their home, to replicate the beautiful and interesting homes in which they had grown up.  They really have a great eye - and the catalog is just chock-full of inspiration.

Trying to narrow down my favorites was tough...

These painted jugs are so unique and beautiful - they would look fabulous on the long dresser in our bedroom which desperately needs some accessories. 

Love this vignette - and those huge leaves in a vase.



Wouldn't this chest be a show-stopper in an entry-way?

Paired with a minimalist painting and a few simple accessories, it shines without being too fussy. 


For a fraction of the price (but still a splurge) - this tray would be a beautiful way to incorporate the inlaid bone design.


I'm not much of a purple girl, but this lavender version is just gorgeous.


I'm still on the hunt for a small side table or two for our living room.  This is another not-terribly-child-friendly-but-affordable-and-chic option that I keep coming back to (like Ballard's Olivia Mirrored Side Table and Crate & Barrel's Jules Accent Table).


Perhaps something like this would be a better option?


I'm definitely on a paisley kick right now - and really like the texture of the pattern on this pillow.


My now-vast West Elm tray collection didn't totally quench my interest in trays... I like that these are both rustic-looking  and bright.


I simply cannot get enough of Moroccan motifs... and this little frame would be a simple way to add interest to a dresser or bed-side table.


If I were in the market for a sofa (which I am not), this would be on the list...

It's called the "Streamlined Sofa" - how apt!

And, if I needed a smaller settee - I would definitely have a second look at this...

Notice the unique nail-head trim application on this slightly quirky settee?

This may seem like a bit of a curve-ball - but, I think I do have multiple design personalities...

 
This chair seriously rocks!  I can picture it equally at home in a fabulous mid-century house in the Hollywood Hills, a raw loft space in Chelsea or a grand Parisian flat with marble fireplaces, herringbone floors and ornate mouldings...



Toss a sheepskin over it and pair it with a lucite or glass coffee table and simple low-profile sofa.

   
While it can fit in many settings, I cannnot envision it in my prim little center hall colonial in suburban DC (or in my budget, for that matter).

1 comment:

  1. Love your taste, as always. We have an inlaid mirror from Wisteria in our front room!
    Hope you had a great birthday weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.