Friday, June 24, 2011

My Mother's Day gift makes me smile

For Mother's Day, my sweet husband offered to have our new Jill Moser print framed for our dining room - it came out great!


I love this print - there's so much excitement and fluidity in the brush strokes - it injects a welcome jolt of energy and bold pattern into our otherwise neutral dining room.  I also love the text at the bottom... my dad is a conductor and I have such fond memories of seeing him conduct at the Met and New York City Opera when I was a little girl .  To me, he is one of the "Great Performers at Lincoln Center."


The framed print is not the only new addition or sentimental item in our dining room.  In fact, everything in the photo above (other than the glass pedestal dish) is new (to us).  Along with our new bedroom furniture, we inherited the beautiful buffet, buddha lamp and candlesticks.  The buffet conveniently houses (and conceals) all of our kiddie art supplies.  My girls could spend hours each day making projects, coloring, stickering, cutting, gluing, etc (hmmm, take after their mom much?)... and now everything is easily accessible. 



The lampshade on this buddha lamp is funky (it has a gold mesh over parchment or rice paper of some kind), but pretty beat up.  It's a vintage shade, and I'm not sure they even sell this style (which sits on a glass bowl that covers the lightbulb) anymore - I haven't had any success googling.  My first stop will probably be a lamp shop...  but, if I have no luck, I might just have to figure out how to make a new shade (without the gold mesh this time).  I will keep you posted!

Have a lovely weekend! 

 

4 comments:

  1. I also use an antique buffet in my dining room as a craft storage solution. It works perfectly in a small space - my kids get lots of stuff out, create something at the table and it all gets put conveniently away just in time for dinner!

    I'm new to your blog and really enjoying reading about your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the past few years, we've had our china and wine glasses in a cabinet in the dining room - and all the art supplies stuffed into plastic boxes in another room. When I realized that we use the art supplies every day and the china/glasses maybe twice a year - this was the perfect solution!

    Thanks for reading, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

    New mother gifts

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.