Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Washington Design Center's Dream Home - part 2

Today, I'm featuring the second half of the Washington Design Center's Dream Home - Jewel Tones of Design.  It will be open through December 9th, so if you're in town - go see it!

5.  Club Room by Savant Interior Design.  Jewelry by Pampillonia Jewelers.

I've always been a fan of canary diamonds.  In person, these are breathtaking.


Favorite elements in this space are the filigree rug and standout cabinet.

I like the stenciled wall panels.  I've seen so much great use of stenciling lately, I'm tempted to try it.

6.  Bedroom Suite by Zoe Feldman Design.  Jewelry by Shah & Shah Appraisers.



The dramatic mouldings, marbleized wallpaper and full-length bolster pillow were the elements that stood out most to me in this room.  The round-backed wicker chair brings back memories of my childhood crafts -- miniature versions of the same style chair (decorated with eyelet trim and silk flowers) served as "thrones" for my teddy bear kings and queens.

Love the table - it would be spectacular in a foyer topped with a dramatic floral arrangement.

7.  Reading Room by Robert Shields Interiors.  Jewelry by Chas. Schwartz & Son.


This is a 1925 Art Deco diamond and emerald Egyptian Revival brooch used as a clasp for a strand of grey Tahitian pearls.

Robert Shields explained how he translated his inspiration piece into the angled column bookcases -- a tribute to ancient Egyptian temples. Having lived and travelled in Egypt, I particularly appreciated the reference.



8.  Bedroom by Chad Alan Designs.  Jewelry by Tiny Jewel Box.


This necklace is -- hands down -- my favorite of the eight inspiration pieces!

The beauty of this room is in the details.  There is some serious creativity at play.

The fireplace wall is the reverse side of mirrored glass - treated to create the strie effect.

This is the piece de resistance... the leafy design on the wallpaper was hand-applied by the designer - using STAPLES.  I was really blown away by this - it looked amazing, and was so unique.  Apologies for the blurry image - I had to crop this to show the detail.

Hope you enjoyed the tour.  This was my second visit to a design house - and I think I'm hooked.  I can't wait to see the 2011 DC Design House, opening April 9th.  Lauren Liess of Pure Style Home (one of my favorite blogs) is designing a room for it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thrilled you enjoyed the Washington Design Center's Dream Home. The rooms were truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.