Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Beautifully Staged Bedroom

On a whim, with groceries (including ice cream) in my trunk, I pulled into the driveway of an open house the other day.  We're not looking to move, but I always enjoy peeking at open houses in our neighborhood when I have time.  The house is a brand new "green" "systems-built" (modular) home that is currently serving as a show home.  The interior design was done by a wonderful local shop called Urban Country

The charming exterior is what drew me in, but I was not disappointed when I stepped inside. 


In particular, I loved the staging in the master bedroom and had to snap some photos. 

This bedroom is so incredibly inviting and successfully incorporates elements of three very different styles: earthy/organic, classic/tailored and hollywood/glam.  There are so many things to love:  tufted headboard with nailhead trim; relaxed linen bedding; soothing shades of blue; neutral slipcovered chairs; bamboo roman shades, dark hardwood floors; and a chic little vanity.  This would be a heavenly retreat.

This bed absolutely confirms my plans for a new linen duvet cover and matching shams.

I've admired that french script fabric before.  It works perfectly on this sleek little vanity seat.

This light fixture must be especially lovely at night.  You can see a hint of the kaleidoscope-type shadow on the ceiling.

Nine times out of ten, I would prefer to tour a lived-in home, but I was pleasantly surprised by the sophisticated style of these hypothetical homeowners.

4 comments:

  1. When I first saw this posting, it immediately reminded me of Amanda Woods' bedroom from "The Holiday".
    http://hookedonhouses.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/lambr.jpg
    After finding an actual picture of the room (see link above) featured in the movie, I must admit that the two rooms are quite different, yet they both exude similar feelings of tranquility and earthiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that room -and see what you mean! I completely forgot about that movie. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that bed!!! Can you tell me where I can find it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The interior design was done by Urban Country, in Bethesda (www.urbancountrydesigns.com) - I imagine they carry the bed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.