Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Here I go!

It started at 12 Devonshire Place... my passion for design.  In London, we lived just a few moments' walk from the incredible shops on Marylebone High Street - Conran Shop, Grange, Skandium, the Little White Company, Daunt Books, Emma Bridgewater, Cath Kidston, Divertimenti, just to name a few.  A few more steps down to Oxford Street, and I would find myself spending hours browsing the homewares and fabric sections in John Lewis.  (Posts to come in the future about these amazing shops.  But, in the meantime, check out this site for street views and info:  http://www.streetsensation.co.uk/marybone/mh1_east.htm

Of course, hints of this passion were evident earlier on - whether turning a cardboard box into an elaborately decorated castle, rearranging my bedroom furniture monthly, or reupholstering my college dorm room's standard issue furniture (with a chili pepper fabric and a hot glue gun, of course - I hope it will become evident that my tastes have matured since then - though my love affair with the hot glue gun is going strong) - not to mention obsessing over every detail of my wedding. 

Yet, it hadn't crossed my mind to pursue a creative career.  Instead, I followed the left side of my brain to law school and have been practicing for several years.  Being a full-time working wife and mother of two wonderful girls has left little time for design - but, I manage to squeeze in a quick daily tour through the design blogosphere and somehow find hours to obsess over (and make some progress on) the ever-growing list of house projects.  Since I have found endless inspiration through design blogs, I hope this blog will offer the same to others.  I plan to share information, photos and tutorials about projects I'm working on; links to things, places, people and sites that I love; and lots more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.