It became clear to me (again) at book club the other night, that we really need one or two small tables in our living room where someone could put down a drink. Nothing too heavy or wide - space is tight, and there are a lot of large pieces in the room. I think something leggy or light would create a nice balance. But, of course - many of the options I'm drawn to are not so kid-friendly... so, until the girls are older, we'd probably have to keep them tucked away when we don't have company.
I've previously posted a few little tables that I've had my eye on...
And here's another that I love each time I see it...
 |
| Worlds Away (frequently on sale on One Kings Lane) |
But, now I'm thinking of going in a totally different direction. A set of acrylic nesting tables like these CB2 peekaboo tables would be such a fun contrast to the traditional feel of our
living room - they also wouldn't affect the flow of the space, and should be pretty kid-safe!
I'm also checking Craigslist every now and then, but haven't found anything terribly exciting.
Have you seen any great little side tables lately?
Hi Alicia,
ReplyDeleteI have just discovered your blog - it is great and your home is lovely! I like the idea of the acrylic tables as you need something kid-friendly. I have had my eye on the diamond-patterned stool (my girls are probably older) for a while but am still shopping around.
http://www.lminteriorsllc.blogspot.com
Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your kind words! Your blog looks great too - looking forward to perusing.
-Alicia
I like the Ballard table you've shown. I've gotten my best little tables from thrift shops for 5 bucks. I usually spray paint them and they look great. Good luck on your hunt!
ReplyDelete$5 tables are great... I've had a few good finds like that, too!
ReplyDeletehere are my finds, hope they help you!! xoxo shelli
ReplyDeletehelps when I post the link, huh? ugh. mommy brain. xoxo shel
ReplyDeletehttp://www.alamodemaven.com/2011/05/ode-to-overstock-side-tables.html
Awesome, Shelli - thank you for the link! I remember Overstock when it comes to lighting, but forget to look there for furniture!
ReplyDelete