a friendly turtle...
and a beautiful butterfly.
Lucky for me, the girls conked out on the way home, so I had a free hour to explore a local estate sale.
Lately, I've been on the lookout for interesting and inexpensive decorative accessories. I have several surfaces in my home that feel pretty static to me, and I hope to amass a little collection of accessories, so that I can swap things out and create new vignettes from time to time. This is probably a dangerous by-product of design blog/magazine overconsumption... but, it's fun to have a purpose when you go to yard/estate sales and thrift shops. So, lucky for me, I found a few little objects that caught my eye.
| This cute little Socrates was covered in dust and forgotten on a rickety bookshelf in the basement of the home. I think he cleaned up pretty nicely. |
| I liked the look of this bust, but had no idea whom it depicted when I bought it. It's labeled "Sumner" on the back - which I assumed was the artist, but a little googling led me to discover that it represents Charles Sumner - leader of the antislavery forces in Massachussetts. |
I'm too tired tonight to find homes for all these trinkets... but, will keep you posted on where they end up!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.