Mmmm... Nutella. I just can't get enough of it! In all my recent baking adventures, why have I not thought to use Nutella as an ingredient!? Well, the thought occurred to me yesterday as I was setting about to bake cupcakes for a party at work... Nutella-filled cupcakes with
chocolate ganache frosting!
I have to admit, these photos were partially an excuse to try out my new tripod. Wow - how did I make it this long without one? It makes such a difference - especially when shooting in low light, as I often do.
![]() |
| Gotta love Betty Crocker (devil's food cake mix)! |
![]() |
| To create a space for the Nutella, I cut a cone shaped piece out of the top of each cupcake - and then cut off the tip of each cone. |
![]() |
| Next, I filled up each hole with a dollop of Nutella. |
![]() |
| Then, the cones get placed back on the cupcakes (ideally, each back to its original cupcake, since the cone shapes are not going to be perfect circles). |
![]() |
| The chocolate ganache frosting was a little too liquid at first, so I followed the instructions and let it cool and then whipped it to create more of a frosting consistency. |
Since Nutella is not for everyone (how could it not be!?), I made a dozen plain chocolate cupcakes topped with
cream-cheese frosting.
![]() |
| Snazzy decorations from Williams Sonoma. |
![]() |
| All packed up, and ready to go! |
By the way, if you transport cupcakes to work/parties/preschool/etc... I highly recommend this
Progressive cupcake carrier, which holds up to 24 cupcakes.
Yummmm!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link to the cupcake carrier, too!
ReplyDelete