Friday, January 13, 2012

A few modern tables

My good friends just got a comfy and sleek new sectional sofa and asked for my help in identifying a new coffee table or coffee table-alternatives (stools/ottomans/small tables) - of course I said yes!  Especially since our furniture/decor purchases are on hold until we buy a new home... I have to live vicariously for the moment!

Their style is modern/mid-century modern and they're looking to replace their long rectangular table to avoid a "tetris-y" situation.  They like the idea of a c-table or two (perhaps this one), since they often use their laptops while sitting on the sofa.  They're also thinking about adding one of CB2's knitted poufs  to the room (I'm such a fan).  We're still consulting, but I found a few fun tables that I had to share.

Mag Table by Offi at Designpublic

This table is multi-functional - a great feature for apartment-dwellers!

The one below may be a bit too brown (they're hoping to balance out some of the darker wood/leather tones in the room)... but, I love the concept, and the tipped legs.  How fun!
Blu Dot Lily Pad Coffee Table at Designpublic
I love the look of organic elements in modern spaces as well...

Monkey Pod at Overstock

Natural Tree Stump Side Table at West Elm
 
Know of any great sources for affordable modern furniture?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.