Master Bathroom
This fabric is for a roman shade. I found it at Calico Corners (on sale for 20% off). I wanted a print that was not too graphic or bold. I find this one to be lovely and soothing.
| Thom Filicia for Kravet - Griffith in Sky |
| This shows the various colorways. |
When it arrived at my house, I immediately draped it over the current window treatment to see how it looks in the room, and I am not disappointed.
Amazingly enough, among the 50+ blue benjamin moore paint chips that I took home from the hardware shop, I did not find a single suitable shade of light blue. I will have to continue my hunt for the perfect blue.
Before finding and falling for the bird print above, a different bird print had won me over:
![]() |
| Premier Prints - Barber in Taupe/Robin I ordered a couple of yards of this (budget friendly) fabric -- and love it. But, because I am going for a serene feel, I was concerned that this design might be too "busy" for the bathroom. Still, the pattern will be perfect for pillows in my living room! |
The other major contender for the master bedroom window was this:
![]() |
| Serena & Lily - Jaipur in Bark This is gorgeous, and maybe I'll find a place for it in the future. But, it felt a little bold for the space I envision. |
Girls' Bathroom
For the girls' bathroom, I am still "thinking pink." I plan to paint the walls a very pale shade of pink and make either a roman shade or a valance for the window. I was unafraid of going bold in this room and this playful, punchy fabric by Lee Jofa/Groundworks caught my eye. It was my first foray into designer fabric. Fortunately, I only needed a yard, so it didn't put too much of a dent in the budget!
| Lee Jofa/Groundworks - Daisy Daisy in Pink/Orange |
When it arrived, a similar draping process took place - followed by this crazy scene:
| This is my process for choosing the perfect shade of pink to coordinate with the towels and window fabric. By this point, I had already rejected the colors scattered about on the bed. |
| And, I think we have a winner. I chose the cooler of the two shades, which coordinates better with the bluish pinks in the towels and window fabric. |
A close second to the "daisy daisy" print was this similar design from Serena & Lily. But, I didn't think a cotton sateen would be ideal for a window treatment. In any case, I prefer the larger scale and brighter colors in the print above.
I'm not particularly looking forward to the shade-making process --I find it terribly tedious. But, I hope I'll be able to document it step-by-step and share it in a future post. Maybe that will motivate me!
I'm not particularly looking forward to the shade-making process --I find it terribly tedious. But, I hope I'll be able to document it step-by-step and share it in a future post. Maybe that will motivate me!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.