On a whim, with groceries (including ice cream) in my trunk, I pulled into the driveway of an open house the other day. We're not looking to move, but I always enjoy peeking at open houses in our neighborhood when I have time. The house is a brand new "green" "systems-built" (modular) home that is currently serving as a
show home. The interior design was done by a wonderful local shop called
Urban Country.
The charming exterior is what drew me in, but I was not disappointed when I stepped inside.
In particular, I loved the staging in the master bedroom and had to snap some photos.
 |
| This bedroom is so incredibly inviting and successfully incorporates elements of three very different styles: earthy/organic, classic/tailored and hollywood/glam. There are so many things to love: tufted headboard with nailhead trim; relaxed linen bedding; soothing shades of blue; neutral slipcovered chairs; bamboo roman shades, dark hardwood floors; and a chic little vanity. This would be a heavenly retreat. |
 |
| This bed absolutely confirms my plans for a new linen duvet cover and matching shams. |
 |
| I've admired that french script fabric before. It works perfectly on this sleek little vanity seat. |
 |
| This light fixture must be especially lovely at night. You can see a hint of the kaleidoscope-type shadow on the ceiling. |
Nine times out of ten, I would prefer to tour a lived-in home, but I was pleasantly surprised by the sophisticated style of these hypothetical homeowners.
When I first saw this posting, it immediately reminded me of Amanda Woods' bedroom from "The Holiday".
ReplyDeletehttp://hookedonhouses.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/lambr.jpg
After finding an actual picture of the room (see link above) featured in the movie, I must admit that the two rooms are quite different, yet they both exude similar feelings of tranquility and earthiness.
I like that room -and see what you mean! I completely forgot about that movie. Thanks for the link.
ReplyDeleteI want that bed!!! Can you tell me where I can find it? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThe interior design was done by Urban Country, in Bethesda (www.urbancountrydesigns.com) - I imagine they carry the bed.
ReplyDelete