My sister and her boyfriend are looking to spruce up their living room and invited me over yesterday to
"consult" on a design plan... of course, I was excited to help out!
Many things can inspire a design plan in a room. Some people start with a rug or a piece of art. I usually look to fabrics for inspiration, so, I searched for a few patterns that I thought could jump start a color scheme. Their walls and furnishings are all pretty neutral, which means there is room for a little jolt of color.
Since they rent their home, they're not looking to make any major changes or purchases - but, I think with a little rearranging, painting, sewing, craigslisting/thrifting, and a pop of color - their space will be more functional, look refreshed and will reflect their style and personalities better. I'm looking forward to working with my "clients" to come up with a plan - and will keep you posted!
Can't beat those Ikea curtains for bright, happy colour and affordability!
ReplyDelete