Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mantel update

Thanks for the feedback on my mantel-scape post.  I finally got around to playing around a little more. 

Before (simple and uncluttered for summer):


After 1 (incorporating my grandmother's painting and some Fall elements - this is the version I blogged about - seeking advice on how to achieve a better balance):


After 2 (with a wheat-filled vase on the left side, pinecones to fill in the voids, and a wonderfully lumpy pumpkin we found at the pumpkin patch):


After 3 (testing out a leaf arrangement and scattered leaves):


After 4 (finally, settled on the wheat arrangement and scattered leaves):


And a few gratuitous detail shots at the various stages:




What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Looks really pretty... if you ever want to part with the horses, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wheat but I think the height of the leaves arrangement works a little better with the height of the mirror. Not really sure why. Maybe just personal preference.

    It all lookes lovely though! I love fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies. Katie - looking at the photos, I think you might have a point! Easy fix - maybe I'll switch them out now and then to mix it up until it's time for the next mantel-scape.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.